Presentations, courses and workshops about preservation imaging according to guidelines and ISO standards
HIP provides papers, courses and in-house trainings & workshops in Dutch, English, German, French and Spanish. It is possible to get training and support by internet (Skype/WebEx). The topics are listed here below. It is possible to adjust the topics on in-house or project specific needs.
- Introduction preservation imaging, the what, why and how.
- Technical explanation (including daily use & tolerances) of all image quality parameters as mentioned in the Metamorfoze Preservation Imaging Guidelines, such as: Delta C, Gain Modulation, OECF, MTF10 etc.
- The daily use of technical test charts and their specific hierarchical structure.
- Daily use of Photoshop & iQ Analyzer software.
- General outline about the calibration of a camera or scanner according to the Metamorfoze guidelines.
- Technical assessment of scanners & cameras.
- How to set up a quality control & quality assurance system in a (mass) digitization work flow according to the Metamorfoze guidelines with help of the Universal Test Target (UTT) and metadata.
- Metamorfoze guidelines, FADGI Guidelines and ISO 19264.
- Metadata standards and metadata quality control software
An introduction presentation about the what, why & how of the Metamorfoze guidelines takes about 45 minutes. A complete preservation imaging course (in house and hands on) will take 3 to 5 days.
The introduction presentation is made for everybody who would like to know more about preservation imaging and its daily work flow.
All other topics are made for managers, engineers, technicians, service providers, photographers and operators responsible for the quality control & quality assurance in a (mass) digitization work flow.